Thursday 28 August 2014

Widgets

Angel di Maria unveiled at Manchester United following £59.7million Real Madrid transfer


Angel di Maria has revealed former Real Madrid team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo told him to wear the No 7 shirt at Manchester United due to it's significance to the club.

Di Maria, who has penned a five-year contract at the club worth £200,000-a-week wages, has been handed the iconic shirt worn in the past by club legends Ronaldo, Eric Cantona and David Beckham.

The Argentina international was unveiled at the club's official press conference on Thursday and remarked how it was Ronaldo who told him the importance of the jersey.

'Cristiano told me what No 7 shirt meant I wanted to wear this shirt. The club wanted me to wear it.,' Di Maria said.

The 26-year-old also revealed his desire to restore Manchester United to the Champions League following his £59.7million plus add ons move from Real Madrid on Tuesday. 

'I'm very pleased to be at Manchester United, I like the team and I wanted to come here even though no Champions League football this season,' he added.

'I want to help them reach the Champions League again. I'm very pleased that Louis van Gaal chose me to come to Manchester United.

'Manchester United have already won many trophies and are a very big team. I came here to help them raise their game and win many trophies with them.

'The fee does not bother me, that fact £60m is paid. That is for chairmen to negotiate. I come to play for the club and do my best for them.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment