Wednesday 1 January 2014

Widgets

CBN Gov. Sanusi Lamido Declares; “I Owe My Success And Elevation To Late Prez. Yar’Adua”

Nigeria’s Central Bank governor, Lamido Sanusi, has hailed former President of Nigeria, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, as the best leader so far.
Sanusi, who was recently named the 2013 Emerging Markets Central Bank of the Year Award for Sub-Saharan Africa, making it the third time he would receive the honour, stated in a television interview monitored in Lagos, that his success in Central Bank was owed to the late Yar’Adua, who he said made the best choice when he appointed him as Governor.
Asked who he owed his achievements as CBN Governor, Sanusi said “I owe my success to late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. He found me worthy of this appointment. I thank him”.
The Kano State born astute banker, while fielding questions, said that he had his role model in his late grandfather, the former Emir Sanusi of Kano who abdicated the throne owing to disagreement with the authority.
“I don’t befriend any government, be it at the federal or state or even local government level. And I took after my late grandfather with that. He was never a friend of the authority and that was why he left the throne in order to keep his principle intact”.
Sanusi specifically thanked Yar’Adua for the confidence reposed in him by giving him the responsibility to superintend in the position.
Besides, he said Central Bank Governors had the onerous challenge of maintaining stability in the financial system and pledged to ensure that ongoing reforms in the country’s banking system were sustained in the interest of the country’s economic growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment